Equipment: Good sized clean (sterile) bucket, and spoon (plastic or wooden).
- 4 Oranges & 2 Lemons,
- 3lb Sugar,
- 2oz Tartaric,
- 1 Cambden tablet (available from chemists or Brewing supplies)
- Minimum 25 good sized ELDERFLOWER HEADS.
- 3 Pints of Boiling water.
- Place (cleaned) Elderflower Heads into bucket, along with Sugar, Chopped Oranges & lemons, Tataric acid and cover with the Boiling water.
- Add Cambden tablet (to stop any fermentation).
- Stir gently cover and leave for 48 hours.
- Strain and bottle liquid into Stong bottles and place in fridge.
- When required, place sample into a glass & dilute to taste.
I have made this many times, the hardest part is picking the flowers heads!
Original recipe calls for a minimum of 25 Flower heads, I tend to double it.